PHONE ORDERS - 1 (800) 418-7767 (Mon-Fri - 8.00am-4.00pm PST)
The Science Behind EveryDay Male®
Natural Ingredients that Power Men in Their Prime
|Optimal Testosterone Function|
|Pygeum africanum (bark)|
|Green tea extract|
Click ingredients (+) for more details and clinical studies
This herbal remedy from Africa supports better sexual function, including erectile health – as well as urinary and prostate health.
- The authors of one early study found that the benefits of taking Pygeum africanum include, in part, an ability to inhibit the growth factors that are involved in maintaining prostate health. Yablonsky FP et al. Antiproliferative effect of Pygeum africanum extract on rat prostatic fibroblasts. Journal of Urology 1997; 157:2381-87
- Another study reported that daily use of Pygeum africanum can result in significant improvement in a man’s prostate health. Breza J et al. Efficacy and acceptability of tadenan (Pygeum africanum extract) in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): a multicenter trial in central Europe. Current Medical Research Opinion 1998; 14(3): 127-39
Various studies have shown that green tea extract has a role in optimal testosterone maintenance. Green tea extract can also help support healthy prostate volume and regulate the production of DHT.
- A 2012 review and meta-analysis of green tea extracts found positive evidence that green tea and its components help support prostate health. Johnson R et al. Green tea and green tea catechin extracts: an overview of the clinical evidence. Maturitas 2012 Dec; 73(4): 280-87
- Green tea extract contains epigallocatechins that inhibit 5-alpha reductase, which in turn reduces the conversion of testosterone into DHT and thus helps maintain healthy testosterone levels. Grant P, Ramasamy S. An update on plant derived anti-androgens. International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012 Spring; 10(2): 497-502
- A 2012 study found that the catechins in green tea can interfere with a process called testosterone glucuronidation. This interference in turn leads to an increase in the level of natural circulating testosterone. Jenkinson C et al. Dietary green and white teas suppress UDP-glucuronosyltransferase UGT2B17 mediated testosterone glucuronidation. Steroids 2012 May; 77(6): 691-95
- Another study reported that the green tea catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) has an ability to inhibit the activity of 5 alpha-reductase, which in turn may help support natural testosterone levels. Hiipakka RA et al. Structure-activity relationships for inhibition of human 5 alpha-reductases by polyphenols. Biochemical Pharmacology 2002 Mar 15; 63(6): 1165-76
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenu-graecum) is an herb that is valued for its ability to influence beneficial blood sugar levels and aid digestion. It also has been shown to have a positive impact on libido and natural testosterone levels and to be beneficial for heart health.
- In a 2011 double-blind, placebo-controlled study published in Phytotherapy Research, scientists reported on the impact of fenugreek on libido and testosterone levels. They found that the herb had a positive impact on libido and may help maintain healthy testosterone levels. They also noted that users of fenugreek said the herb had a positive effect on energy and muscle strength. Steels E et al. Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum extract and mineral formulation. Phytotherapy Research 2011 Feb 10
- A study in Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity reported that in rats, fenugreek extracts demonstrated significant anti-oxidative effects in heart tissue as well as improved levels of fasting blood glucose. Tripathi UN, Chandra D. The plant extracts of Momordica charantia and Trigonella foenum-graecum have anti-oxidant and anti-hyperglycemic properties for cardiac tissue during diabetes mellitus. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2009 Nov-Dec/ 2(5): 290-96
Tribulus terrestris is an herb that contains a saponin substance called protodioscin, which is credited with promoting optimal testosterone levels. The herb may also increase production of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), which is a precursor of testosterone, enhance sex drive, improve strength, and aid athletic ability.
- A recent (2014) study in the Journal of Dietary Supplements noted that use of tribulus terrestris provided mixed results. One was that tribulus terrestris was effective in improving concentrations of testosterone when it was used along with other supplements. Another finding was that the herb causes release of nitric oxide, which is beneficial for heart health and may help with strength and athletic ability. Qureshi A et al. A systematic review on the herbal extract tribulus terrestris and the roots of its putative aphrodisiac and performance enhancing effect. Journal of Dietary Supplements 2014 Mar; 11(1): 64-79
- A study in rats showed that levels of free testosterone increased when the rats were treated with Tribulus alatus extracts. El-Tantawy WH et al. Free serum testosterone level in male rats treated with Tribulus alatus extracts. International Braz y Urol 2007 Jul-Aug; 33(4): 544–58
Citrulline is an amino acid that the body converts into arginine, which in turn is transformed into nitric oxide. Therefore, both arginine and citrulline are beneficial for healthy male libido and sexual function. Citrulline also may be helpful in enhancing strength and energy levels in some individuals.
- One study did a head-to-head comparison of arginine and citrulline using equal amounts of each. Researchers found that citrulline increased levels of arginine and nitric oxide more than did taking arginine. (Schwedhelm E et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2008 Jan; 65(1): 51-59)
- Research shows that oral citrulline can improve erectile response in castrated rats. Hotta Y et al. Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erectile function and penile structure in castrated rats. International Journal of Urology 2014 Jun; 21 (6): 608-1
- A recent (May 2014) study in Clinical Nutrition noted that healthy men who were on a low-protein diet experienced a boost in muscle protein synthesis when taking citrulline. Jourdan M et al. Citrulline stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the post-absorptive state in healthy people fed a low-protein diet. A pilot study. Clinical Nutrition 2014 May 4
- Athletic performance may improve with citrulline supplementation, but it depends on the individual. While citrulline may have a positive effect on performance in untrained or moderately healthy individuals, it had no positive impact on highly trained people. Sureda A, Pons A. Arginine and citrulline supplementation in sports and exercise: ergogenic nutrients? Medicine and Sports Science 2012; 59:18-28
Beet root is an excellent source of nitrates, which are converted to nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide helps enhance blood circulation and flow, improves exercise performance and strength, and has a positive impact on sexual health and endurance.
- Older adults showed an improvement in blood pressure after taking beet root juice. Kelly J et al. Effects of short-term dietary nitrate supplementation on blood pressure, O2 uptake kinetics, and muscle and cognitive function in older adults. American Journal of Physiology 2013 Jan 15; 304(2): R73-83
- Male team sport players were given beet root juice or a placebo and tested for exercise performance. The researchers found that beet juice improved performance during intense intermittent exercise. Another study reported that beet root juice improved exercise tolerance during severe-intensity exercise. Wylie LJ et al. Dietary nitrate supplementation improves team sport-specific intense intermittent exercise performance. European Journal of Applied Physiology 2013 Jul; 113(7): 1673-84; Breese BC et al. Beetroot juice supplementation speeds O2 uptake kinetics and improves exercise tolerance during severe-intensity exercise initiated from an elevated metabolic rate. American Journal of Physiology 2013 Dec 15; 305(12): R1441-50
Acetyl-L-carnitine is one type of carnitine, an antioxidant produced in the liver and kidneys. This substance is critical for transforming fat into energy and carrying away waste materials from your cells. Research shows that carnitine can enhance sexual function, improve mood, and help fight fatigue without having a negative impact on the prostate or prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels.
- An example of how acetyl-l-carnitine can improve energy and strength can be seen in the results of a recent study in Nephron Extra. The authors found that supplementation with L-carnitine in people on hemodialysis may improve physical strength and function because of its effect on fat metabolism in muscle. Kudoh Y et al. The effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on physical capacity and lipid metabolism in chronic hemodialysis patients. Nephron Extra 2014 Mar 25; 4(1): 33-41
- A study compared the use of testosterone versus propionyl-L-carnitine plus acetyl-L-carnitine in 120 aging men. The authors found that men in both groups experienced improvements in erectile function, depression scores, and fatigue scores. The carnitines were significantly more active than testosterone in the erectile function scores. Cavallini G et al. Carnitine versus androgen administration in the treatment of sexual dysfunction, depressed mood, and fatigue associated with male aging. Urology 2004 Apr; 63(4): 641-66
Beta-sitosterol supports natural prostate health, optimal erectile function, and libido. Beta-sitosterol has an impact on the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which in turn has an effect on a healthy prostate.
- Based on the findings during a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, a team of scientists reported that beta-sitosterol is an effective remedy to help support natural prostate health. Klippel KF et al. A multicentric, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol (phytosterol). British Journal of Urology 1997; 80:427-32
- Beta-sitosterol also helps prevent the enzyme aromatase from converting testosterone into estradiol and the enzyme 5-alpha reductase from changing T to estradiol, thereby working to optimize healthy testosterone levels. Cabeza M et al. Effect of beta-sitosterol as inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase in hamster. Proceedings of West Pharmacological Society 2003; 46:153-55
Vitamin D3, which is also known as cholecalciferol, is best known as being important for bone health. However, vitamin D3 also appears to play a critical role in prostate health, supporting testosterone health and promoting better mood and energy. Since the majority of people have low levels of this essential nutrient, supplementation with vitamin D3 is encouraged for both sexual and overall health.
- When it comes to prostate health, research suggests that men who have lower levels of vitamin D may be more likely to diminished prostate health. As the authors of one study noted, “Vitamin D therapy is a useful addition to the therapeutic options” among men with reduced prostate health. Newsom-Davis TE et al. The promiscuous receptor. BJU International 2009 Nov; 104(9): 1204-7; also Fibbi B et al. International Journal of Andrology 2010 Jun 1; 33(3): 475-88
- In a study of older men, researchers found that lower levels of vitamin D appeared to be associated with poorer cognitive performance. Lee DM et al. Association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and cognitive performance in middle-aged and older European men. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2009 Jul; 80(7): 722-29
- Results of a meta-analysis and population study found that men and women who had low levels of vitamin D had lesser heart health than those with higher levels. Brandum-Jacobsen P et al. 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and risk of ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, and early death. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 2012 August online
- In Clinical Endocrinology, researchers reported that a combination of low levels of free testosterone and low vitamin D was associated with a greater risk of dying among older men who had been referred for coronary angiography. Lerchbaum E et al. Combination of low free testosterone and low vitamin D predicts mortality in older men referred for coronary angiography. Clinical Endocrinology 2012 Sep; 77(3): 475-83
- A 2012 study in Clinical Endocrinology noted that vitamin D may help support optimal testosterone levels in men. Nimptsch K et al. Association between plasma 25-OH vitamin D and testosterone levels in men. Clinical Endocrinology 2012 Jul; 77(1): 106-12
- An earlier (2011) study found that vitamin D supplementation resulted in an increase in total, bioavailable, and free testosterone levels of about 3 nmol/liter after one year of taking the supplement. Pilz S et al. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Hormone and Metabolic Research 2011 Mar; 43(3): 223-25
Avena sativa supplement is better known as wild oats. An extract from oats called avenacosides is reported to enhance the release of luteinizing hormone, which then promotes a natural testosterone response. Wild oats also may boost sex drive and help support erectile function.
- The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality has examined the efficacy of avena sativa at least twice. One study reported that sexually dysfunctional and impotent men aged 22-64 who took a capsule of avena sativa three days a week for six week experienced improvements in their sex drive, erections, and pleasure levels during sex. Other research conducted in the mid-80s reported that men who consumed avena sativa experienced a 22% increase in genital sensation and a 36% increase in orgasm frequency.
- A graduate school in San Francisco, California has been studying the effects of avena sativa (green oats) on sex drive for a couple of decades. They discovered avena sativa (green oats) works by freeing up testosterone that gets stuck to various compounds in the body. As we age, the bounding-up of testosterone gets worse. Bound testosterone is not as effective as free testosterone in heightening thoughts and pleasure associated with sex. This is true in both males and females. It is also one of the major hormones, along with growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) that provides fertile ground for muscle growth.
- One of the first crossover double-blind studies performed involved 75 men and women who had taken Avena Sativa. It showed a significant support for sex drive in men only. The men in the study reported more consistent erections and pleasure during the act of sex. In a prior pilot study, many men reported more orgasms with some even experiencing multiple orgasms. Group 1 took green oats for 28 days and group 2 took a placebo for 28 days. They then switched groups with no one knowing who was taking the placebo or who was taking the green oats.
- The authors of a 2011 study noted that avena sativa is an aphrodisiac. Malviya N et al. Recent studies on aphrodisiac herbs for the management of male sexual dysfunction—a review. Acta Polonaie Pharmaceutica2011 Jan-Feb; 68(1): 3-8
L-arginine is an essential amino acid that is converted into nitric oxide once it is ingested. Higher production of nitric oxide improves blood flow which in turn provides a variety of health benefits. Two areas in which L-arginine is especially beneficial are heart health and sexual health. L-arginine also is essential for helping the body eliminate waste and in making creatine, a protein that plays an important role in maintaining strength and boosting energy.
- Several studies have shown that L-arginine can be helpful in people with lesser heart health. Bednarz B et al. Efficacy and safety of oral l-arginine in acute myocardial infarction. Results of the multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled ARAMI pilot trial. Kardiol Pol 2005; 62:421-27; Chauhan A et al. Aging-associated endothelial dysfunction in humans is reversed by L-arginine. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 1996; 28:1796-804; Schulman SP et al. L-arginine therapy in acute myocardial infarction. The vascular interaction with age in myocardial infarction (VINTAGE MI) randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2006; 295:58-64
- In a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled clinical trial, arginine plus adenosine monophosphate was found to be helpful and well tolerated in treating mild to moderate sexual health concerns. Neuzillet Y et al. A randomized, double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled comparative clinical trial of arginine aspartate plus adenosine monophosphate. Andrology 2013 Mar; 1(2): 223-38
- L-arginine can help protect exercise performance and the integrity of the muscles. Lomonosova YN et al. L-arginine supplementation protects exercise performance and structural integrity of muscle fibers after a single bout of eccentric exercise in rats. PLoS One 2014 Apr 15; 9(4): e94448
Resveratrol is a phytonutrient and antioxidant found in red grapes, onions, and several other foods. On this phytonutrient’s list of benefits are promotion of heart health and promoting optimal testosterone levels, as well as promoting better prostate health.
- Levels of testosterone were enhanced by 50 percent in a mouse study using resveratrol. Shin S et al. Trans-resveratrol relaxes the corpus cavernosum ex vivo and enhances testosterone levels and sperm quality in vivo. Archives of Pharmacal Research 2008 Jan; 31(1): 83-87
- A recent (2014) study in Clinical Nutrition found that resveratrol helped reduce systolic blood pressure when taken at high doses. Liu Y et al. Effect of resveratrol on blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clinical Nutrition 2014 Mar 31
- A number of studies have shown that resveratrol possesses properties that may help prostate health. Singh CK et al. Resveratrol-zinc combination for prostate management. Cell Cycle 2014 Jun 15; 13(12): 1867-74
The high concentration of zinc found in the prostate gland suggests this mineral plays a significant role not only in prostate health but men’s health overall. In fact, numerous studies of zinc have shown it to have an impact on everything from brain function to heart health, energy production, and various factors related to sexual health and athletic performance. Even a mild deficiency of zinc can reduce sex drive, contribute to weight gain, and lower energy levels.
One of the basic functions of zinc is to fuel the thyroid gland, which requires the mineral to produce thyroid hormone necessary to maintain energy and metabolism. More specifically, zinc is “essential for the catalytic activity of many enzymes involved in energy nutrient metabolism.” Research in animals has shown that a diet deficient in zinc results in lower energy levels and reduced food intake. Evans SA et al. Regulation of metabolic rate and substrate utilization by zinc deficiency. Metabolism 2004 Jun; 53(6): 727-32
- In a study published in Nutrition, researchers found that even a marginal zinc deficiency can have a negative impact on testosterone levels. In a study of 40 normal men aged 20 to 80 years, investigators found that restricting dietary zinc in young men resulted in a significant decrease in testosterone concentration after 20 weeks and that zinc supplementation in marginally zinc deficient elderly men resulted in an increase in testosterone. Prasad AS et al. Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults. Nutrition 1996 May; 12(5): 344-48
- A review from a team of Australian experts reported that zinc protects against coronary artery disease and cardiomyopathy, and that the mineral plays an essential role in preventing myocardial damage. They also noted that supplementing with zinc has demonstrated an ability to improve cardiac function and prevent additional damage to the heart. Little PJ et al. Zinc and cardiovascular disease. Nutrition 2010 Nov-Dec; 26(11-12): 1050-57
- A collaborative effort between researchers at Duke University Medical Center and chemists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology resulted in scientists showing how zinc regulates communication between the hippocampus and neurons to improve memory and the ability to learn. Sufficient intake of zinc is important for optimal brain function and may be essential in preventing cognitive decline associated with aging. Pan E et al. Vesicular zinc promotes presynaptic and inhibits postsynaptic long-term potentiation of mossy fiber-CA3 synapse. Neuron 2011 Sep 22; 71(6): 1116-26
Ginkgo biloba contains more than 40 substances, and two groups in particular are associated with health benefits: flavonoids and terpenoids. The former help the blood vessels and heart health while the latter can enhance blood flow. Ginkgo biloba appears to support L-arginine in its transformation to nitric oxide and also have a positive impact on brain function and prostate health.
- Research shows that ginkgo biloba can help improve mental functioning and memory. For example, individuals with mild cognitive impairment who took ginkgo biloba for one year demonstrated improvement in understanding, recognition, and recitation tests when compared with controls. Yu ZH et al. Ginkgo leaves tablet improved the memory quotient of patients with mild cognitive impairment: a clinical observation. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 2014 Mar; 34(3): 287-91
- Ginkgo biloba can be effective in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, based on the findings of numerous studies. Cohen AJ et al. Ginkgo biloba for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction. Journal of Sexual and Marital Therapy 1998; 24:139-43; McKay D. Nutrients and botanicals for erectile health: examining the evidence. Alternative Medicine Review 2004 Mar; 9(1): 4-16; Sohn M, Sikora R. Ginkgo biloba extract in the therapy of erectile dysfunction. Journal of Secondary Educational Therapy 1991; 17:53-61
- Naturally boost free testosterone levels†.
- Promotes better mood, energy, libido and sexual health and normal hormone levels†.
- Perform better – in the boardroom, bedroom and the weight-room†.
- Sent to you in discreet packaging
- Developed and manufactured in the USA. Vegetarian capsules. Non-dairy.
- FREE shipping – USA and Territories.
Suggested Use: Take two (2) capsules daily with a meal. 30 servings per bottle.
Thanks for visiting - don't leave empty handed!
Get an immediate 10% discount code for the next time you visit plus a FREE 60 page eBook - "Testosterone Forever"
Get your eBook and discount code immediately to your inbox now